Grease can often work its way onto your kitchen cabinets! What makes things worse is when you move into your new home, and there are already cabinets coated in grease (in other words, the grease accumulation wasn’t even your fault - but has now become your problem).
It’s time for some elbow grease! If you have sticky grease stains on your kitchen cabinets and are unsure how to clean them, we have two of the easiest methods just for you.
Method 1: Use vinegar and hot water
Did you know that white vinegar is a natural cleaning product with excellent degreasing properties? Just perfect for degreasing a sticky cupboard.
· White vinegar
· Warm water
· Clean spray bottle
· Soft cloth
· Mix vinegar and warm water (50/50) into your spray bottle
· Spray it directly onto the kitchen cupboards and leave for a couple of minutes
· Wet the cloth in plain warm water and thoroughly rinse it (too much water could damage a wood cabinet)
· Wipe over the cupboards with the damp cloth
· For stubborn stains, create a paste of vinegar and salt and scrub the stains with an old toothbrush
Pro Tip: To avoid grease building up on cabinets, wipe and clean them every week – especially after cooking! Also, regularly wash your hands when cooking to prevent grease from transferring from your hands onto cabinets.
Method 2: Use baking soda and lemon
For stubborn layers of grease, this duo can be used to make the cabinets look brand new!
· Soft sponge
· Baking soda
· Warm water
· Juice of 1 lemon
· Spray bottle
· Create a cleaning solution with baking soda, warm water and lemon juice
· Add the mixture to a spray bottle and spray the liquid onto the kitchen cabinets
· Leave for 2-3 minutes, allowing the baking soda to work its magic
· Using the soft sponge, gently scrub the grease away. Rinse the sponge and repeat as necessary
· Use a clean cloth to buff the cabinets and dry them
Pro Tip: With wooden cabinets, consider using protection products with beeswax after you’ve cleaned them. This will stop the wood from drying out, and it will also repel kitchen grease.
When you’re moving into a new home, chances are you’re going to need to do a deep clean of everything before moving your furniture in. If you’re looking for a safe and secure place to store your belongings while you give your new forever home the deep clean it deserves, consider Len’s Self Storage. We boast top-notch security and plenty of room!